Go on a Raid : if you dare...
For an unforgettable adventure …
RAIDS BY CANOE OR KAYAK
We invite you to explore an area of outstanding natural beauty, classed « Natura 2000 », between Blagnac and Moissac (78 kms). On this itinerary, the Garonne is a wide powerful fast-moving river with a pebble or gravel bed, perfectly suitable for canoe raids with a bivouac under the stars. Navigation presents no difficulties, no part of the course is classed higher than Class II. In the following we suggest programmes for raids varying from one-and-a- half to five days, which you are free to adapt to your own requirements. A back-to-nature experience of an average of 15kms a day, to wander at your own pace and enjoy your natural surroundings. From our site in Moissac we transport you to the embarkation point of your choice : 20, 30, 45, 61 or 78 kms away. You canoe downstream along the Garonne to the confluence ,and return to Moissac along the Tarn. Your timing is your own affair, except on the last day when you must plan arrival before 6 p.m. You will then be able to use our facilities and pick up your vehicle.
Terms and Conditions. Our advice.
- Children must be more than 7 years old.
- Life-jackets provided by us must be worn.
What to wear ?
- Light and quick-drying sportswear.
- For hygienic reasons, please bring a t-shirt to wear under the safety vest.
- Obligatory laced or closed footwear ( trainers, water-shoes).
- Depending on the weather, do not forget sun-protection (sun-cream, sun-glasses with a cord, hat etc), as well as a sweatshirt and windcheater.
- Do not forget a change of clothes on arrival.
What to bring along ?
- Picnic or snack.
- Water (minimum 1 litre per person).
- Mosquito repellant for bivouacs.
- We advise against bringing valuable objects,(video-recorders, cameras…) as containers are not guaranteed totally water-proof.
- Rand’Eau Loisirs disclaims responsibility for loss or damage to personal objects stowed in our containers.
The « Mini » Raid from Belleperche Abbey to Moissac
Test yourself !
Embark in the late afternoon with food and drink and the equipment for camping out under the stars. Return the next day to RL. For an unforgettable adventure in the heart of Nature !
« The « Bivouac » Raid from Bourret to Moissac
Escape for a weekend and discover extraordinary fauna and flora. Enjoy paddling downriver on the Garonne with its rapids and its little “beaches” where you can swim. The choice is yours where to bivouac, have a barbecue…
The « Osage » raid from Verdun-sur-Garonne to Moissac
Disconnect from everything and live simply… in the lap of Nature.
As it meanders the Garonne lets you contemplate peaceful landscapes, or plunges you into a few rough patches where the unwary can get wet ! The choice of bivouac site is yours.